In 1889 a purpose-built fire station was built in Church Street, Fenny Stratford. The first fire engine had seen many years of service and at the ripe old of age of 92 was replaced by a new one. By 1920 only one of the horses was ‘fit enough’ to pull the fire engine so it was decided to pull it by a lorry owned by a local haulage contractor.
In 1942 the National Fire Service took over responsibility for the local fire service, previously run by the local council; this was in response to the threat of possible air raids on the country.
In 1960 the Church Street premises were deemed to be too small and a new purpose built station was erected in Sherwood Drive, Bletchley.
One of the old fire engines named ‘Elizabeth’ was presented to a local school; this was enjoyed by the children especially as the old bell was still in place.